2018 Beta RR 250 2T
Brand New, Taking orders now!!
Please feel free to contact us for more information,
Tel: 01423 565125
or visit us at: Levens Hall Park, Lund Lane, Harrogate, HG3 2BG.
The new Enduro RR my 2018 is coming on the market with many new features.
Lighter weight with better performance than ever before. The new line of motorcycles that are remarkably lighter in weight with better performance than the previous models; 4.7 kg lighter for the 2-stroke versions and a whopping 5.3 kg shaved off the 4-stroke bikes. ut this drop in weight is not the only feature worthy of note. The engines, running gear and suspension are products of a significant technical evolution which has further enhanced the strengths of this new generation of RR models giving them an ease of handling with a solid and immediate feeling as well as a high degree of reliability.
The design was also revised with the introduction of a new rear fender, a new color for the plastics and graphics and, on the 4-stroke versions, a muffler with a completely new profile as well as a new internal layout.
TOP FEATURES of the RR MODELS ( 2 STROKE )
250cc: This is Beta’s little baby, perfect for those looking for a 2-stroke bike with a gentler character and with slightly lower power and torque ratings to ensure excellent handling. No doubt, this bike will be a protagonist in this season’s E2 category of the Enduro World Championship.
300cc: Made for those who love big-bore 2-stroke bikes with outstanding torque at any rpm. This is the perfect bike for those who love riding with long gearing.
Compared to the 2017 model year, a great deal of development has gone into both our two and four-stroke engines which share a series of common innovations. As well as increasing performance, these new features have shaved off about 1.7 kg from both versions:
* New clutch A total overhaul has developed a more compact and lighter weight clutch that improves its scalability, precision and stability as operating temperatures change. This solution also permits the use of a much more tapered external clutch cover, making the lines even more graceful.
* Elimination of the kick-start: the incredible work put into making the electric starter more reliable has allowed the kick-start lever to be removed, significantly reducing weight. Given the engine arrangement, a kick-start can still be ordered as an option.
* New gear shifting selector system: improves the precision of the transmission eliminating any possible uncertainties when shifting gears.
* New filter box: intense testing was done on the 4-stroke engine injection mapping and on the 2-stroke engine timing advance curves to optimize output enabling the introduction of a new filter box.
Furthermore, both the 2-stroke and the 4-stroke versions have been specially engineered for their unique architectures. Specifically:
* New cylinder: improves performance in terms of torque and power output throughout the rev range while keeping the response perfectly linear.
* Rounded piston and new cylinder head profile (300cc only): together with the new cylinder, these increase engine performance and improve rolling at low rpms.
* Crankshaft: inertia values were revised to match the new features of the power unit and the coupling axis reinforced in order to increase the stiffness of the whole structure.
* New connecting rod: revised in the top end so as to strengthen this area which is highly stressed.
* New centrifuge: with an increased diameter of spheres to better adapt to the new primary drive ratio, ensuring better power delivery.
New combustion chamber (250cc only): thanks to a slight increase in compression ratio, an upgrade in performance was possible.
A great deal of attention has also gone into the rest of the motorcycle including the chassis and suspension which continues to use a Sachs rear shock absorber and Sachs 48 mm diameter front fork but with a new fork sleeves. Both vaunt specific calibration settings suitable for the demands of the new frame.
Many innovations have been combined with this time-tested solution aimed at improving the aesthetic appearance as well as the dynamic performance of the motorcycle, through a weight reduction – not counting the engine – that ranges from 3 kg for the 2-stroke models up to 3.6 kg for the 4-strokes.
* The front-end has been completely redesigned enabling an increase in the flexural and torsional rigidity characteristics compared to previous versions and with a notable reduction in weight thanks to an improved structural layout. This generates a consistent improvement in handling and riding precision.
* Slimmer filter box and rear end giving the bike a slimmer, more aggressive look.
* Lithium battery: lighter in weight, more powerful and reliable.
* Fork with a new fork sleeves: though also lighter in weight, this was developed to increase rigidity and improve sliding. These have been specifically calibrated to suit the demands of the new chassis.
* A mono-shock absorber with new settings has been adapted for the demands of the 2018 version chassis.
* New skid plate (2-stroke versions only): improved fastener accessibility for quicker removal.
* New muffler heat shield: protects the rider from burns on both the 2- and 4-stroke versions.
* Takasago Excel rims: with a new opaque black finish specifically designed for Beta.
* New colors and graphics.